Introducing the Water INTENsE Project
ATEEC’s Water INTENsE project activities include:
- Partner with business and government agencies to determine curriculum content needed for AVR experiences for students.
- Partner with an AVR software developer, EON Reality, to create AVR modules to enhance curriculum.
- Develop a resource guide and training webinars for educators using AVR in classrooms.
- Pilot-test the AVR modules with NSF’s Advanced Technological Education (ATE) community colleges and with business and industry partners to determine the effectiveness in meeting program learning objectives.
- Disseminate the AVR modules on a public online platform.
The STEM-based instructional materials focus on simulating learning situations in the fields of water/wastewater and agriculture/water conservation. Working with actual field equipment belonging to local industry partners may be impractical. Purchasing equipment is often cost-prohibitive for most educational institutions. The simulations allow technology students to receive “hands-on,” applied training in a contextual environment, providing students with practice on virtual real-world equipment.