Descriptions of Upcoming Webinars
Water Considerations and Project Management
Speaker: Daniel Bedell, P.E.
Date: Thursday, November 21, 2013
Join Daniel Bedell as he discusses the interrelation of engineering and water considerations. Mr. Bedell will cite examples from his 20-year history as an engineer to discuss how industrial water use and waste can affect manufacturing processes. Mr. Bedell will explore where the environmental and the industrial issues meet, and how being an environmentally responsible company does not necessarily hurt business.
Mr. Bedell is currently a Project Manager with R.T. Patterson CO., Inc. and has been a certified Professional Engineer in the state of Iowa since 1995.
Defining Water Management
Speaker(s): Jeremy Pickard, ATEEC Associate Director and Heather Ballou, ATEEC Instructional Designer
Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2013
This webinar is intended to familiarize anyone interested in the water management field, with the report that resulted from ATEEC’s “Defining Water Management” forum. Some of the information that will be covered includes:
How qualified content experts were chosen to provide input
How the input was gathered
- Defined the current field as it applies to technicians (two-year college degree or certificate level)
- Further define the field by sorting it into general occupational categories for technicians
- Identified specific technician-level occupational titles and job functions within each of those categories
- Developed a projection of future trends in the field
- Six “Regional Water Conversations” forums
- Maintain online, interactive water technology program database
- Expanding offerings of ATEEC’s no-fee, downloadable water instructional and curricular materials