Virtual Tour Alaska - Fossil Fuels - Production and Transportation
The 2007 ATEEC Fellows Institute brought 18 community college and high school instructors from the environmental sciences to Alaska. They explored current energy sources in the United States and discussed alternative energy sources. As a result they developed over 25 activities for use in your classroom.
The virtual field trip will take you to:
- Dalton Highway and the construction of the Alaskan Pipeline
- BP oil facility in Prudhoe Bay
- Usibelli Coal Mine and the exploration of clean coal technology
- Chena Hot Springs Resort where you will find out about how geothermal energy works
- Denali National Park to explore the beauty of Alaska
Where noted, the content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.