Report on the results of an NSF-funded faculty development workshop to promote collaboration to strengthen education programs at tribal colleges by providing program improvement technical assistance.
Provides professional development presentations for indigenous college instructors, including:
- STEM resources
- Water quality curriculum resources
- Lessons learned and preferred learning styles for Native American students
- Benefits of DACUM process
- Case studies of developing STEM programs and workforce development at Tribal and Pacific Rim institutions
- Recruitment, training, placement, and retention program efforts
- Best practices in environmental and energy technology education at Tribal Colleges
Enhances individual instructors’ program improvement efforts
Results of mini-DACUM to identify:
- Emerging topics in environmental health and safety, and natural resources fields,
- Curriculum gaps in the identified emerging topics and address possible solutions, and
- Overarching theme for potential Indigenous Fellows Institutes
Author(s): Click here to download the file.
National Partnership for Environmental Technology Education, ME