Defining Agriculture-Based Renewable Energy Careers
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges and Muscatine Community College conducted a “Defining Forum” and generated this Defining Agriculture-Based Renewable Energy Careers report to identify and define the intersection of two broad occupational fields: Agriculture and Renewable Energy (RE).
The objectives for the project are to:
- Define an Iowa agriculture-based renewable energy technology field: “Ag-based RE.”
- Identify broad Ag-based RE occupational categories.
- Define what the occupation of technician.
- Identify technician-level occupations and their broad job functions within each ag-based RE technology occupational category.
The audience for this report includes:
- Counselors, faculty, and administrators of academic institutions at all levels, but particularly two-year colleges and high schools
- Leaders of professional societies
- Federal, state, and local government officials who have responsibility for the quality and quantity of the nation’s technical workforce.
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, Iowa
- Muscatine Community College, Iowa
Where noted, the content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.