[Jtgrantees] FW: Employment and Training Administration Announcements (Week of August 11, 2014)
ghanne at eicc.edu
Mon Aug 18 10:45:59 EDT 2014
FYI. A compilation of various Employment and Training Administration (ETA) announcements during the week of August 11 is attached in WORD format. These items are based on Federal, State, local, non-profit and private sector sources (as well as media-gleaned) and are distributed by our Office of Workforce Investment to agency colleagues on a continuing basis. Some of these items may be of interest to your work and activities.
The Table of Contents appears below.
Please note that ETA has established a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Resources Webpage at www.doleta.gov/wioa<http://www.doleta.gov/wioa>.
On August 15, this page has added links for registering for ten upcoming webinars/"listening sessions" on WIOA implementation.
* ETA Publishes Information for Stakeholder Engagement for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Implementation
* Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance to Meet on September 12
* Exports as Source of Jobs: USTR Seeks Public Comments on Barriers to Trade
* Department of Treasury Publishes IFR on Gulf Coast Restoration Trust Fund
* STATELINE Coverage of Food Stamp Use and Application of Work Requirements
* BLS Releases "Employment and Unemployment Among Youth - Summer 2014" ETA Issues Additional Planning Guidance for FY 2015
* ETA Issues Additional Planning Guidance for FY 2015 Unemployment Insurance State Quality Service Plan; Emphasizes Reemployment of Claimants
* Regional Forum in New York to Designed to Expand Market Opportunities for Rural Businesses
* Renewable Energy Sector: Department of Energy Publishes RFI to Gain Feedback on Distributed Wind and R&D Focus
* Department of Education Seeks Comments on Title II and Title IV of WIOA; Sets Forth Questions Related to Adult Education and Vocational Rehabilitation; Establishes August 29 as Closing Date for Input
* NGA to Support 14 States Focusing On Preparing Future Workforce To Strengthen Economy
* Department of Education Awards Grants to Prepare Graduate Students for Leadership in Special Education
* Department of Education Announces Funding Opportunity under Assistive Technology Financing Project
* NASA Selects Proposals to Increase STEM Education at Community and Technical Colleges
* U.S. Commerce Department Invests $2.8 Million to Foster Innovation in Louisiana and Massachusetts
* Job Creation, Environmental Justice: EPA Announces $11 Million in Supplemental Funds to Clean up and Redevelop Contaminated Brownfields Sites Across the Country
* Bureau of Economic Analysis Publishes Final Rule on FDI Survey, Proposed Rule on U.S. Investment Abroad
* EEOC Requests Emergency Extension of the Employer Information Report from OMB
* National Evaluation of the Investing in Innovation (i3) Program
* White House Announces New Commitments to Improve College Opportunity
* USDA Announces Funding Opportunity under Rural Community Development Initiative; Grant Funds Can Be Used To Support Entrepreneurship and Microenterprise
* Department of Education Seeks Public Comment on "State Plan for Assistive Technology" and "Progress Report for the Access to Telework Program under the Rehabilitation Act."
* Transportation Sector: FTA Proposes Circular, Seeks Comments by October 14; Enumerates Workforce Development and Transportation for Special Populations
* Strong Cities Strong Cities: Registration Reopened for Challenge in Three Cities in CT, NC and NV
* Governor's Executive Order Establishes "The New Virginia Economy Workforce"
* New Jersey "Opportunity to Compete Act" Limits Ability of Covered Employers to Inquire into Job Applicant's Criminal Record
* DHS Announces Update and Reissuance of "011 E-Verify Program System of Records"
* Individuals with Disabilities Act: Department of Education to Fund Cooperative Agreement to Provide TA to States
* EPA Announces 2014 Annual Environmental Job Training Grantee Meeting on October 22 - 24
* Entrepreneurship / Sector Strategies: JPMorgan Chase & Co Launches Grant Program to Boost Small Business Support Networks
* EDA Announces Grants to Alabama and Washington State
* Ecotech Institute Publishes Clean Jobs Index
* HHS/ACF/OFA Releases the National Tribal TANF Characteristics Data for FY 2013
* Energy Sector: Economic Development, Shale Oil, and Curricula Development; EDA and Rural Regional Center Grants to Support Classroom and Web-Based Curricula in North Central U.S.
* Michigan Releases "Better Off Working Report"
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1404452 bytes
More information about the Jtgrantees