[Jtgrantees] FW: EPA training - waivers & medical

Hanne, Glo ghanne at eicc.edu
Thu Jul 25 09:17:31 EDT 2013

From: Nicholas Alexander [mailto:NAlexander at richmondworks.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:34 PM
To: afanning at co.nye.nv.us
Cc: Hanne, Glo; Blazej, Nova (Blazej.Nova at epa.gov)
Subject: EPA training - waivers & medical

Hey Amy,

I manage the EPA Environmental training in Richmond, CA and we do a couple things to mitigate risk.

1.       We have students complete an "agility test" as part of their initial screening prior to enrollment.  This involves carrying heavy objects, jogging for several minutes, climbing through a small space, etc.  Folks who really struggle physically to complete the tasks may be screened out.

2.       All participants sign a waiver (attached).

Hope this helps a little.

Truly yours,

Nicholas Alexander
Facility Manager | RichmondBUILD