[Jtgrantees] NEXT PLC Meeting – This Wednesday, October 26th 2 pm EST -- Check your Schedule

Hanne, Glo ghanne at eicc.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:53:02 EDT 2011

FYI…..Cycle 5 of the Professional Learning Community (PLC) is starting this Wednesday, October 26, 2011. If you or someone you know can benefit from these bi-weekly sessions, please join in the conversation!

NEXT PLC Meeting – This Wednesday, October 26th    2  pm EST -- Check your Schedule

Next PLC This Wednesday October 26th    2  pm EST

Join our next 30-minute conversation on the establishment, implementation and sustainability of Environmental Job Development and Training Programs on Wednesday at 2:00 EDT – October 26th

To participate in our Professional Learning Community sessions, call:
(712) 432-0850
From any phone at:1:00 Central – 2 pm Eastern time thisWednesday.

Use access code 550105 followed by # to be connected to our session.

If you would like to invite a guest to the next Environmental Job Development and Training Professional Learning Community (PLC) call, feel free to forward this email.
Or
Send your contact information to:
msenew at aol.com<mailto:msenew at aol.com>

This call will be the first session of Cycle 5.

- Cycle 5 begins a new series of conference calls that begins before the
EPA request for job training proposals is issued and continues until proposals are due in early 2012.

PLC  Discussion Topics ---- This Wednesday

-PLC conference calls – how they work
-Summary of topics and resources to be addressed in Cycle 5
-Recent developments
-Time line for the next round of EPA grant proposal requests and awards
-Things to be doing now in preparation for the new round of job training proposals

To participate in our Professional Learning Community sessions, call:
(712) 432-0850
From any phone at:1:00 Central – 2 pm Eastern time on Wednesday.

Use access code 550105 followed by # to be connected to our session.

If you would like to invite a guest, feel free to forward this email.
Those who have not previously signed up- please reply to this email to be put on the participant list

Send your contact information to:
msenew at aol.com<mailto:msenew at aol.com>

If you wish to be keep getting PLC materials and announcements – do nothing….
We will continue sending announcements.
If you wish to be removed from the list – please reply REMOVE to
msenew at aol.com<mailto:msenew at aol.com>

Mike Senew, HMTRI
Hazardous Materials Training And Research Institute
Advanced Technology Environmental and Energy Center (ATEEC)
msenew at aol.com<mailto:msenew at aol.com>

The Brownfields Training PLC is sponsored under Cooperative Agreement with
The US Environmental Protection Agency
Hazardous Materials Training And Research Institute (HMTRI)
Advanced Technology Environmental and Energy Center (ATEEC)

Green Jobs
Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
Cycle 5

PLC Cycle 5 is starting up. A new series of ten, 30-minute telephone conferences have been scheduled to discuss successful approaches to developing sustainable Brownfields Job Development and Training Programs. This cycle will also focus on the upcoming Request for Proposals from EPA to be released in November.

PLC telephone conferences are informal take place every other Wednesday beginning October 26th through February 2012 from (1:00 – 1:30 p.m. CDT) or  (2:00 – 2:30 p.m. EDT). Email and Web discussions will enhance the telephone conferences.

PLCs are collaborative cultures sharing experiences and information among members. Open dialogue is encouraged and crucial to productive sessions.

There is no charge to be a member of the Environmental Job Training PLC. To register and receive telephone conference details, please email the contact information requested below to Michael Senew, HMTRI, at msenew at aol.com<mailto:msenew at aol.com>.

NOTE: We are starting off with our last distribution list.

If you are not on, or not sure if you are on this distribution list
Please register
• Name
• Address
• Organization
• Email
• Phone
• Web site (if applicable)

Email To:

msenew at aol.com<mailto:msenew at aol.com>

If you would like to be removed from future mailings please return this email with “REMOVE: in the subject line

SCHEDULE AND TOPICS
Cycle 5 PLC sessions will be held on the following dates. All 30-minute sessions will begin at 1:00pm CDT   (2:00pm EDT).

     Session 50 – October 26th
     Session 51 – November 9th
     Session 52 – November 23rd
     Session 53 – December 7th
     Session 54 – December 21st
     Session 55 – January 4th
     Session 56 – January 18th
     Session 57 – February 1st
     Session 58 – February 15th
     Session 59 – February 29th

Specific content for the sessions following April 27 will be determined by the needs and interests of the group. General topic areas may include:
• Funding sources
• Working within the community
• Program scope and definition
• Program startup