[Jtgrantees] Certifications / Core Curriculum

Hanne, Glo ghanne at eicc.edu
Tue Feb 23 13:09:33 EST 2010

GRANTEES:

Brownfields job training programs across the country have become an
excellent source of trained workers available for employment without
search or placement fees. HMTRI has created an employer ListServ as a
communication tool between potential employers and Brownfields Job
Training Programs. The goal is to facilitate placement of qualified
graduates.

Recently we asked you to submit your graduation dates for 2010 and an
estimated number of graduates who will be available for employment. This
information has been compiled and passed on to employers. It is also
available for review on the Brownfields Toolbox Web site at
http://www.brownfields-toolbox.org.

The next step is to provide employers with specific information about
the skills your graduates possess. For example:

1.	Certifications and/or certificates
2.	Core competencies

To make this work, we need your help once again.

Please email me at ghanne at eicc.edu by Monday, March 8, to provide
information specific to your job training program. You may use the
sample below as a guide, but do not feel limited by this sample. List
any program information that an employer would find valuable.

As with my previous request, I urge you to take advantage of this
opportunity to get your program information out to the potential
employers of your students.

Thank you!

Glo

Glo Hanne

ATEEC / HMTRI

Eastern Iowa Community College District

563.441.4081

563.441.4080 fax

SAMPLE:

Your program name

Your contact information

Graduates from this program will have the following certifications
and/or certificates:

*         OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
(HAZWOPER)

*         OSHA Site Safety

*         OSHA Confined Space

*         Lead Renovation

*         OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Training

*         Union Apprenticeship

*         EPA Refrigerant

*         BPI or Green Advantage

*         Home Builders Institute (HBI) credentials

*         Solar Photovoltaic or Thermal Installer

Graduates from this program will also have basic knowledge in the
following areas:

*         Environmental sampling

*         Respiratory protection

*         Remediation technologies

*         Site assessment

This message contains confidential information and is intended for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.