Chuck Crawford Nancy Wolber Robin Ritter and Ray Wishart
ATEEC Fellows Institute; Muscatine IA
This instructional module was created at the 2010 ATEEC Fellows Institute with the theme of Flood Management. It contains a variety of offerings for a unit on flood engineering controls including background information outside resources and three learning activities. It addresses the questions:
- How do you control the Mississippi the 3rd largest drainage basin in the world?
- How dependable are levees and other engineered structures?
- Is this the only way to manage a watershed and potential flooding?
Learning activities include:
- "Exploring Your Watershed" (Webquest)
- "Exploring the Dams in Your Area" (Webquest)
- "Building a Water Pressure Simulator" (lab)
Please join our newsletter and you will get instant access to our library of nearly 500 resources!