Report on the results of an NSF-funded faculty development workshop to promote collaboration to strengthen education programs at tribal colleges by providing program improvement technical assistance.
Provides professional development presentations for indigenous college instructors, including:
- STEM resources
- Water quality curriculum resources
- Lessons learned and preferred learning styles for Native American students
- Benefits of DACUM process
- Case studies of developing STEM programs and workforce development at Tribal and Pacific Rim institutions
- Recruitment, training, placement, and retention program efforts
- Best practices in environmental and energy technology education at Tribal Colleges
Enhances individual instructors’ program improvement efforts
Results of mini-DACUM to identify:
- Emerging topics in environmental health and safety, and natural resources fields,
- Curriculum gaps in the identified emerging topics and address possible solutions, and
- Overarching theme for potential Indigenous Fellows Institutes
National Partnership for Environmental Technology Education, ME
Please join our newsletter and you will get instant access to our library of nearly 500 resources!