The new CREATE Support Center is the result of collaboration by three previously funded NSF entities: The CREATE Regional Center at College of the Canyons, the Consortium for Education in Renewable Energy Technology at Madison Area Technical College, and the
Northwest Energy Education Institute at Lane Community College.
These organizations are combining their collective renewable energy expertise and resources to bolster the numerous new renewable energy technical education programs that have been created across the U.S. in recent years.
The goal of the CREATE Center is to advance the field of renewable energy and strengthen two-year college renewable energy programs by:
- Supporting faculty delivering renewable energy educational programs
- Establishing renewable energy industry, business and academic partnerships
- Promoting renewable energy technician careers and visibility
- Addressing renewable energy technician knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Distributing exemplary renewable energy materials, curricula, and pedagogical practices
CREATE is planning a series of Webinars to launch early next year, along with faculty professional development opportunities in energy management and solar electricity planned for summer 2017. For more information and to sign up for the CREATE email list, see the new CREATE website at www.CreateEnergy.org