ATEEC Fellows Network
We usually have 18 to 22 Fellows per year, depending on availability of funds. Each year we maintain a balance in representing:
Sources of New ATEEC Fellows
- Announce on the ATEEC Web site.
- Email announcement to National and Regional PETE offices and to past 2 or 3 years of Fellows (plus earlier attendees who continue working and communicating with ATEEC).
- Announce at NSTA Reports Online (and other journals, especially theme-related);
- Receive recommendations from other Fellows.
- Research Web to identify schools for administrative nominations in theme-related locales.
Returnees + First-timers =
- Access to talents of educators ATEEC knows, with the fresh eyes and thinking of new Fellows, whose life experiences inform us all
- Continuity, yet steady growth of the ATEEC network, so that it always looks beyond rather than inward
- A sense of belonging combined with a sense of venturing into something new
- Fellow teachers who are diverse geographically, culturally, and in teaching disciplines, but who share the desire to make a difference with students and the environment