The objectives for the project are to:
- Define an Iowa agriculture-based renewable energy technology field: “Ag-based RE.”
- Identify broad Ag-based RE occupational categories.
- Define what the occupation of technician.
- Identify technician-level occupations and their broad job functions within each ag-based RE technology occupational category.
The audience for this report includes:
- Counselors, faculty, and administrators of academic institutions at all levels, but particularly two-year colleges and high schools
- Leaders of professional societies
- Federal, state, and local government officials who have responsibility for the quality and quantity of the nation’s technical workforce.
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, Iowa
- Muscatine Community College, Iowa